Local groups and organisations have received a massive funding boost thanks to members of West Sussex County Council.
In total £174,725 was granted to a wide range of special projects.
Michael Brown, Cabinet Member for Finance, said: “I am delighted to have awarded these grants. They will help communities throughout West Sussex to grow and be of lasting benefit for future residents to enjoy.”
Michael authorised funding of £159,925 to:
• Bognor Regis - The Base Skatepark - £18,500
• Coldwaltham - Alban Head Playing Fields Pavilion - £6,000
• Horsham 5th 10th Horsham Weald Scouts HQ - £12,400
• Horsham Rugby Club - £10,000
• Hurstpierpoint Bowling Club - £13,825
• Littlehampton Cricket Club Pavilion – Accessibility - £9,900
• Petworth House Real Tennis Club - £6,100
• Selsey The Bridge Youth Dream - £3,900
• Steyning Cricket Club - £17,800
• Walberton Community Playcentre @ Walberton - £2,300
• Washington East Clayton Farm Donkey Walking project - £8,300
• Watersfield - Lodge Hill Sno Tubing project - £19,800
• Worthing Heene Community Centre - £17,800
• Worthing Maybridge We are Food Pioneers - £7,800
• Worthing Neighbourhood Watch Task Force - £5,500
County Council leader Louise Goldsmith granted £14,800 of funding to:
• Easebourne - Rotherfield Sports Club Ground - £10,000
• Fernhurst Village Hall - £4,800
Projects have to be supported by the relevant local County Councillor to be in line for funding. They also have to show they will have a lasting benefit to the local community.
To find out more head to www.westsussex.gov.uk and search ‘Members’ Big Society Fund’.