Release date: 8 October 2019
On Monday 14 October, Chichester Library and the Alzheimer’s Society are holding their annual Dementia Awareness Day.
Between 10am and 2pm, representatives from the Alzheimer’s Society will be on hand to provide information on dementia and what support is available locally.
Other local organisations will also be attending to chat about their services and support, including:
- Carers Support West Sussex,
- Weald and Downland Open Air Museum,
- Carers Health Team,
- Tangmere’s Dementia Support,
- Chichester Wellbeing,
- the Fire Service and Prevention Assessment Team.
There will also be information about the current services offered by West Sussex County Council libraries to support people affected by dementia including;
- the Home Library Direct service, bringing books to you at home.
- the reminiscence collection, which has packs with 22 themes including baking, seaside, 1950s and World War II. They are free to borrow and can be requested at any West Sussex Library.
Please ask in your local library for more information of on any of their available services.
To find out more about the event contact Chichester Library on 01243 777351.
For further advice and support on dementia, please call the Alzheimer’s Society Sussex Helpline on 01403 213017.