Community groups and charities in the Central Mid Sussex area have been awarded £115,000 in grants since 2011 by the area’s County Local Committee (CLC).
The money has gone towards a wide variety of projects and causes, including a seniors singing club, cricket equipment for colts, play equipment for young people, an arts festival, and a portable ramp for disabled people.
West Sussex County Council’s Central Mid Sussex CLC, which awarded the grants, is merging with its neighbour South Mid Sussex CLC. The first meeting as the new CLC will take place on 27 June 2017, following the county council elections.
At its final meeting, the Central Mid Sussex CLC awarded the following grants:
• Haywards Heath Town Team Community Interest Company (CIC): £2,500 towards support for Mid Sussex Science Week.
• Age UK West Sussex: £2,090 towards a Therapy and Beauty Room for a new Age UK West Sussex Centre.
• Open DofE Centres West Sussex : £886.50 towards training, insurance and accreditation for West Sussex Duke of Edinburgh.
• Yews Community Centre : £1,577 towards replacement flooring.
• Slaugham Parish Community Land Trust : £500 to provide support to the Community Land Trust.
• Sussex Clubs For Young People Ltd : £1,200 towards organising activities for young people in Bentwood Green.
Councillor Pete Bradbury, Chairman of the Committee said: "We have seen some marvellous contributions to our local community from a wide range of charities and special interest groups and its been great to help them on their way with grant contributions."