Applying for a library card
You will be issued with a card when you join the West Sussex Library Service. You can join by visiting one of our libraries or applying online. A welcome email will then be sent to you and your library card posted to you.
To join in person at one of our libraries bring ID and proof of address (such as a driving license or council tax bill).
When you join the library you will be issued with a personal identification number (PIN).
You can use your card number and PIN to sign in online and:
- check the items you have on loan
- renew items
- reserve items
- check the status of your reserved items
- check whether your personal details are correct.
If you have forgotten you PIN you can reset it online:Reset your PIN (Library catalogue) (external link)
You can report and cancel a lost library card in one of two ways. This will stop anyone – including yourself – using it to obtain or renew items:
- Complete our online form - If you are reporting a lost card on behalf of a child, please use their details instead of your own. If any of the details you supply are different, we will update your account. A copy of the changes will be sent to the email address we currently hold on record for you for security purposes
- Chat with one of our advisers if you can see an orange 'Start a chat' box at the bottom of this page - we try to make this available Monday-Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm.