Applying for a library card
You will be issued with a card when you join West Sussex Library Service.
You can join:
- by visiting one of our libraries or applying online, after which we will post your library card to you
- in person at one of our libraries. Please bring ID and proof of address, such as a driving licence or council tax bill, along with you.
When you join the library you will be issued with a personal identification number (PIN).
You can use your card number and PIN to sign in online and:
- check the items you have on loan
- renew items
- reserve items
- check the status of your reserved items
- check whether your personal details are correct.
If you have forgotten your PIN you can reset it online:Reset your PIN (Library catalogue) (external link)
You can report and cancel a lost library card by completing our online form. This will stop anyone – including yourself – using it to obtain or renew items:
- Complete our online form - If you are reporting a lost card on behalf of a child, please use their details instead of your own. We will update your account if any of the details you supply are different. A copy of the changes will be sent to the email address we currently hold on record for you for security purposes.