West Sussex Libraries now offers over 1,500 eComic titles available via the RB digital app, including Marvel, Star Trek and Star Wars titles. These are collections of comics similar to the graphic novels we have on the shelves in libraries.
There is no limit on the number of eComics you can check out, or a time limit on accessing them.
Please be aware that some of our eComics may contain storylines and images that include violence, offensive language and sexual content. We do not censor any material or restrict access by age to the eComics in this collection. Parents and carers should satisfy themselves that the titles are suitable for their child.
Further information about helping children and young people stay safe online is available from Get Safe Online, a government-backed organisation providing free expert advice.
How to access eComics
You must be a member of West Sussex Library Service as you will need your library card number to create an RBdigital account.
For mobile devices including tablets, smartphones and Kindle Fires
- Install the RB app (available from all app stores).
- Use your West Sussex borrower number to register and create an account.
- Search for and download eComics.
- eMagazines, eAudiobooks and eBooks are also available via the RB app.
For Laptops, PCs, Macs, Nook and Kobo eReaders
For laptops, PCs, Macs and some smart devices, such as Nook and Kobo, you will need to install Adobe Digital Editions before you can register with RB Digital.
- Obtain an Adobe ID and authorise Adobe Digital Editions.
- Go to the RB Digital website.
- Register on the website using your West Sussex library card number and create your username and password.
- Search for and download eComics to Adobe Digital Editions.
- Kindle eReaders (for example, Kindle Paperwhite) are incompatible with our library eComics
- many eReaders must be used with a PC, Mac or laptop to enable eComics to be downloaded.