Library Service members can borrow up to 10 eBooks at a time from RB Digital and read them on their computer, smartphone, tablet or eReader.
Most titles have unlimited availability with no waiting lists, although a few titles may need to be reserved if they are already on loan. You will receive an email once your reservation is available.
You are able to renew eBooks if they have not been reserved and return them early. Loans expire automatically after 21 days, so there are no late charges.
How to access eBooks
You must be a member of West Sussex Library Service as you will need your library card number to create an RBdigital account.
For mobile devices including tablets, smartphones and Kindle Fires
- Install the RB app. See links for Apple, Android and Kindle Fire at the bottom of the page.
- Register within the app using the 'Not a member? Register now' link. You will need your West Sussex borrower number to register and create an account.
- Search for and download eBooks.
- eMagazines, eAudiobooks and eComics are also available via the RB app.
For Laptops, PCs, Macs, Nook and Kobo eReaders
- Install Adobe Digital Editions to your computer.
- Obtain an Adobe ID and authorise Adobe Digital Editions.
- Go to the RB Digital website.
- Register in the website using your West Sussex library card number and create your username and password.
- Search for and download eBooks to Adobe Digital Editions.
Please note - Kindle eReaders (for example, Kindle Paperwhite) are incompatible with our library eBooks.
See the RB Digital help pages or view instructions in our eBook help guide: