Library Service members can borrow up to 20 eBooks at a time from RB Digital and read them on their computer, smartphone, tablet or eReader.
Most titles have unlimited availability with no waiting lists, although a few titles may need to be reserved if they are already on loan. You will receive an email once your reservation is available.
You can renew eBooks if they have not been reserved. Loans expire automatically after 21 days, so there are no late charges.
How to access eBooks
For mobile devices including tablets, smartphones and Kindle Fires
- Install the RB app (available from all app stores).
- Use your West Sussex borrower number to register and create an account.
- Search for and download eBooks.
- eMagazines, eAudiobooks and eComics are also available via the RB app.
For Laptops, PCs, Macs, Nook and Kobo eReaders
For laptops, PCs, Macs and some smart devices, such as Nook and Kobo, you will need to install Adobe Digital Editions before you can register with RB Digital.
- Obtain an Adobe ID and authorise Adobe Digital Editions.
- Go to the RB Digital website.
- Register in the website using your West Sussex library card number and create your username and password.
- Search for and download eBooks to Adobe Digital Editions.
- Kindle eReaders (for example, Kindle Paperwhite) are incompatible with our library eBooks
- many eReaders must be used with a PC, Mac or laptop to enable eBooks to be downloaded.
See the RB Digital help pages or view instructions in our eBook help sheet: