Hammonds residential care home is looking for a volunteer to attend the Sunday morning service at Bognor Baptist Church in Victoria Drive with Peter, an adult with mild learning disabilities. Volunteers may provide transport for Peter to and from the church, or a member of staff can transport Peter and the volunteer to and from the care home.
How to apply
Please complete the form below to apply for this role.Application form (Word, 47KB)
Email or post your completed application form to:
Hammonds residential care home
210 Hawthorn Road
- Able to relate to someone with learning disabilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Friendly and relaxed.
- Licensed and insured to drive a suitable vehicle (if transporting the volunteer).
- Has experience relating to an adult with learning disabilities.
- Is happy to attend a church service and support Peter throughout.
Details of duties
- Collect Peter from Hammonds care home and travel with him to church (optional).
- Sit with Peter throughout the service and supervise him.
- Transport Peter back to Hammonds following the service (optional).
Regularity of duties
Every Sunday morning from 9.30am until 12 noon, or as many services as he would like to attend and that the volunteer is available for.
Guidance and support
Volunteers receive ongoing support and guidance from a member of staff from the care home.
Volunteers undertake a short induction course prior to beginning volunteer duties.
Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
Volunteers will not need to undertake a DBS check.
Volunteers will be required to provide two references before undertaking the role.
If a volunteer decides to transport Peter in their own vehicle, they may claim for reimbursement of travel expenses, but they will need to ensure their car insurance covers them to transport others when doing so as part of volunteering.