Glen Vue is a specialist day centre in the centre of East Grinstead providing a wide range of activities for adults with a physical, sensory or memory impairment, or acquired brain injury.
The centre is seeking a volunteer to support fundraising initiatives in order to extend the activities which can be offered to those attending the centre, to help provide a stimulating environment.
How to apply
You can apply using our online form.Apply online
Alternatively you can download a version of our application form which you can complete and then email or post to us.Application form (Word, 47KB)
Email or post your completed application form to:
- Ability to provide support to staff and other volunteers in fundraising activities.
- Creativity in generating fundraising ideas.
- Good phone manner, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confidence when responding to members of the public and other organisations.
- Ability to empathise with day centre customers who have complex needs.
- To work alongside day centre staff and other volunteers.
- Is passionate and creative about fundraising.
- Enjoys running fundraising events.
- Is happy to engage with a variety of people.
- Demonstrates patience and understanding.
- Has a commitment to equality.
Details of duties
- Supporting staff and other volunteers to organise fundraising activities.
- Researching and creating new funding initiatives.
- Practical support to set up, run and dismantle fundraising events.
Regularity of duties
Hours to be agreed by mutual consent, but normally no more than a single two hour session per week except when events are being held.
Guidance and support
Volunteers will receive ongoing guidance and support from an assigned member of staff, as well as regular three-monthly supervision sessions. They may also have a mentor assigned from the staff team if they desire.
Volunteers will receive a formal introductory session before beginning their role. Appropriate additional training will also be available.
Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
Volunteers will not be required to undertake a DBS check for this role.
Volunteers will be required to provide two references before undertaking the role.