Full catalogueLocal studies publications for sale (PDF, 2.2MB)
Local history mini-guides to sources
- Crawley (now available as a book, see below)
- West Sussex At War 1939 to 1945
- East Grinstead
- Railways in West Sussex (now out of print - see Library Catalogue for loanable or reference copies)
- Bognor Regis
- Family History in West Sussex (3rd edition)
- Burgess Hill
- Directories in West Sussex
- Victorian West Sussex
- Haywards Heath
- Maps: £2.50
Available to download as PDFs are:
Postcards and greetings cards
- Postcards (£1.00 per set) - Sets of 6 views of places and subjects in the past including: Aldwick; Victorian Arundel; Arun Valley; Belloc’s Sussex; Edwardian Bognor; Broadwater; Victorian Chichester; East Preston; Findon and Findon Valley; Haywards Heath; Henfield; Hurstpierpoint; Pulborough; Selsey; Southbourne and district; Tarring; West Witterings; Bracklesham Bay.
- Greetings cards (£1.00 per set) - Large format cards available with views of: Bognor; Midhurst; Petworth; Shoreham.
You can also view and buy high quality A4 or A3 prints of any image on West Sussex Past Pictures.
The items listed below are available in libraries for loan, to reference or to order.
- Southern Steam, Volume 3 (was £15.00 now £5.00) - Compilation of archive film of steam railways in southern England, including Worthing, East Grinstead and Three Bridges.
- Lost and Found: Routes Around Sussex (was £21.95 now £10.00) - Three DVDs featuring the history of the Bluebell Railway, Wey and Arun Canal and River and the Steyning Railway Line between Shoreham and Horsham.
Books and pamphlets
- Cinema West Sussex by Allen Eyles, Frank Gray and Alan Readman (was £15.95 now £5.00)
- Great War Britain: West Sussex, Remembering 1914-18, edited by Martin Hayes and Emma White in association with West Sussex County Council (was £14.95 now £10.00)
- Edwardian Durrington and Salvington by Jane Dore (£7.00)
- Jane Austen’s Worthing by Antony Edmonds (£9.00)
The following detailed maps are published by Alan Godfrey Maps and are available at £2.00 each.
- Bognor 1896
- Chichester 1896
- Haywards Heath 1896
- Horsham (North) 1932
- Horsham (South) 1938
- Petworth 1896
- Selsey Bill (and West Sussex coast) 1901
- Three Bridges (near Crawley) 1909
- West Worthing 1896
- Worthing 1896
You can also buy maps on CD through our Record Office.