The Members' Big Society Fund supports investment in the community with grants of between £5,001 and £20,000 to achieve the ambitions of the Future West Sussex Plan.
To apply to this fund please contact your local Member to discuss your proposal. If your Member supports your application, they will complete a written statement which will need to be submitted with the completed form below.
Please read the Information for applicants document below carefully before applying.
Download and complete the application form below to apply to the fund.Members’ Big Society Fund application form (Word, 55KB)
For support with your bid or project email: email@example.com.
The two deadlines for receipt of applications for 2017/18 are:
- 12 noon on Friday 8 September 2017 for a decision in October 2017 and payment in November 2017
- 12 noon on Friday 15 December 2017 for a decision in February 2018 and payment in March 2018.
The fund supports investment in projects that:
- are community-led
- tackle a locally identified and evidenced need
- provide additional capacity
- expand the geographical reach of an existing project
- increase local involvement.
This year the priority for funding will be to:
- help people to be independent
- reduce social isolation
- strengthen local communities so they can support each other
- support the Five Ways to Wellbeing (PDF, 52KB)
The Cabinet Member for Finance and Resources, Jeremy Hunt, will make the final decision on funding awards.