The Selsey and The Witterings mobile recycling service operates on a fortnightly basis on a Thursday from 8.15am to 3.00pm.
Selsey - East Beach Car Park
- Thursday 1 October - 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 15 October - 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 29 October - 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 12 November - 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 26 November - 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 10 December - 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 24 December - 8.15am to 3.00pm
The Witterings - Marine Drive Car Park
- Thursday 24 September - 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 8 October - 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 22 October - 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 5 November - 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 19 November - 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 3 December - 8.15am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 17 December - 8.15am to 3.00pm
Visiting our site
Proof of residency
Anyone using a household waste recycling site is required to provide proof of residency in West Sussex. You will need to show one form of identification from the list below. No other form of identification will be accepted.
- Current driving licence (photo card or paper licence) - preferred option
- Council Tax bill - from the current financial year
- Utility bill (gas, electric or water) - less than a year old
- TV licence - less than a year old
- Letter from HMRC or the Home Office - less than a year old
- Current bus pass
- Current disabled parking permit (Blue Badge)
Access for disabled visitors
If you have a disability issue and require assistance, please ask a member of site staff when you arrive. They will take your items and transfer them to the correct recycling containers for you if required.
The following vehicles are not permitted to use this household waste and recycling site (HWRS):
- multi-axle trailers
- tipper trucks
- flatbed or dropside trucks
- Luton-type vans.
West Sussex residents who wish to use vans, pickups, single-axle trailers or commercial vehicles to dispose of their household waste must obtain a permit before they can use this site.
All vehicles over 2.2 metres high must use:
- Burgess Hill HWRS
- Westhampnett HWRS
- Worthing HWRS.
Vehicles have a gross vehicle weight restriction of 3 tonnes at all sites.
What can be recycled at this site
You can use the service to recycle:
• green garden waste
• metal items, such as pots and pans
• cardboard, paper and shredded paper
• small electrical items, such as irons, toasters and hairdryers - No televisions or white goods can be accepted.
A container will be available for non-recyclable material. This mobile recycling service does not accept soil and hardcore or hazardous materials.
Further details on alternative arrangements for a green waste collection service and bulky waste collection service from Chichester District Council is available on their website.
Business and commercial waste
The mobile recycling services at Selsey and The Witterings are for household recyclables only. We will not accept any recyclables from commercial sources.
Details of where you can dispose of commercial waste or recycling is available on our Business and commercial waste page.