- This form will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
- Please allow yourself enough time to complete this form in one session as there is not an option to save and come back to it later.
- The questions marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and require an answer. You do not have to answer all of the other questions, but it would help us if you do.
- Temporary path closure orders of up to 5 days require a minimum of 2 weeks notice. Closures of up to 6 months require a minimum of 8 weeks notice.
Your data privacy
This explains why we ask for your data, what we do with it and how long we will keep it. It also explains how you can find out what data we hold about you and how you can ask us to delete it.
Select your title.
Are you applying on behalf of someone else?
If you are applying for a temporary path closure order on behalf of someone else enter their details below.
We will contact you once we have received your application and ask to make payment online.
Enter a detailed description including why path access is prohibited.
Enter details of the alternative route.
Enter details below..
If the proposed works affect the path surface, provide the method statement and reinstatement specification you propose to use.
Attach copies of the method statement and reinstatement specification. This will require our consent, separate to your application for a temporary closure.
Enter the details of a nominated person whose contact details will be on the temporary path closure order notice. This person will be the point of contact for members of the public who have any queries about the works.
- I agree that I am willing to pay the order charges and, where applicable, to reinstate the surface of the right of way to a standard acceptable to the West Sussex County Council’s Public Rights of Way team. (If your application is unsuccessful you will not be charged.)
- I confirm that the relevant council officer will be notified five days prior to work commencing on site to arrange for the erection of closure notices. I will also notify the officer as soon as works are complete and the closure is no longer required.
- For closures that may extend beyond 6 months:
I confirm that I will contact the Rights of Way team eight weeks prior to the end date of the closure if an extension of the closure is required. Failure to notify us may incur extra costs and may require you to open the path or take other action.
Submitting your form
Click the submit button only once.
Please be patient as it will take a few moments to process your form and redirect you to our confirmation page.