Our vision for the county is that local communities are independent, strong and vibrant. We target our effort on those services that will make the biggest difference to communities, enabling them to help themselves in achieving their aspirations.
We work with other organisations and join up our respective expertise to help achieve this. Where needed the County Council will provide a helping hand to those residents who are at risk when they require it.
The West Sussex Plan sets out how we plan to shape our services over the next five years.
We are proud of our values because they were developed with our employees during the Great Place to Work employee engagement events. They demonstrate how we work and interact with customers, partners and colleagues on a day-to-day basis.
We have five core values, which are central to successfully achieving our vision and corporate plan priorities:
- Proud to be customer-centred - we put the customer central to everything we do.
- Listen and act upon - we listen to each other and act on what we say.
- Honest and realistic - we are honest and realistic about what we can achieve.
- Trust and support - we trust and support each other to achieve our goals.
- Genuinely valued - we feel our contribution is valued and our achievements are recognised.
We have a 'Living Our Values Every Day' recognition scheme, which is only available to all staff employed by West Sussex County Council. It enables us to recognise and celebrate the great work that our employees do, especially those who model our core values and behaviours every day.