1 Contact a supplier
Please note that currently there is a very high demand for Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), with limited stock available. We can only issue National Emergency Stock to those with less than 24 hours' supply.
If you are struggling to get PPE stock from your usual suppliers, please contact the following recommended suppliers to source it:
Phone: 0800 585 586
Phone: 0800 023 2558
Phone: 01274 885544
|Dentists||Wright Health Group
Phone: 01382 834557
|GP surgeries||Williams Medical Supplies
Phone: 01685 846666
Phone: 0330 100 0448
Web: Register at www.aah.co.uk
Phone: 0344 561 8899
Phone: 0330 055 2288
|Social care*||Countrywide Healthcare
Phone: 01226 719090
Phone: 01756 706050
|Social care*||Wightman and Parrish|
*For example, community care, home care, hospices
2 Request emergency PPE
You can request emergency supplies of PPE via West Sussex County Council if:
- your usual supplier cannot supply you
- you have unsuccessfully tried the recommended suppliers listed on the previous page
- you have less than 24 hours' supply
- your organisation falls within one of the categories listed below.
- Adult social care (residential and nursing homes, domiciliary care, personal assistants, supported living and extra care)
- Children’s homes or secure children’s home
- Emergency dentists
- Funeral services
- General practitioners
- Hospices and palliative care
- Local authority (including adults' and children’s social care)
- Mental health community services and adults' social workers
- Primary care
- Residential special schools.
How to order
Please complete the form below and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request as soon as possible but please note that the mailbox is only monitored Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) between 8.30am and 5.00pm.
As there is a very high demand for PPE and limited stocks available we may not be able to provide you with the items that you have requested. Any stocks that are supplied should be viewed as an emergency supply and we recommend that you continue your efforts to procure stocks for your own use through your normal supply lines.
3 Public Health England clinical guidance
You can find the latest COVID-19 clinical guidance issued by Public Health England via the following GOV.UK hub:Coronavirus (COVID-19): personal protective equipment (PPE) hub (GOV.UK) (external link)
- How to work safely in care homes - 27 April 2020 Guidance
- Infection prevention and control (IPC) - 3 May 2020 Guidance
- Personal protective equipment use for aerosol generating procedures - 10 April 2020 Guidance
- Personal protective equipment use for non-aerosol generating procedures.