The Safer West Sussex Partnership (SWSP) brings together Community Safety Partnerships (CSPs) along with other key agencies. It provides a coordinated approach to reducing crime and anti-social behaviour in West Sussex.
Currently, membership of the group includes:
- West Sussex County Council
- district and borough Community Safety Partnerships
- Sussex Police
- Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner
- West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service
- the Drug and Alcohol Action Team (DAAT)
- Kent, Surrey & Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company
- NHS Sussex
- voluntary sector representation (currently the Council for Voluntary Service).
Each district and borough CSP undertakes an Annual Strategic Assessment that identifies crime and disorder priorities through the use of partnership data. Consultation with communities is a key part of this process so that your views can be included as part of the review of your local area.
Once all the priorities have been identified the CSPs then publish them in their Partnership Plan. These are available online through your local district or borough website.
The West Sussex Community Safety Agreement
The West Sussex County Community Safety Agreement is the Partnership Plan for the whole of the county. It pulls together information from the CSPs and other county-wide agencies to provide a whole picture of crime and anti-social behaviour in West Sussex and shows how the partnership is working to deal with identified issues.