The Safer West Sussex Partnership brings together community safety partnerships (CSPs), along with other key agencies, to provide a coordinated approach to reducing crime and anti-social behaviour in West Sussex.
Membership of the group currently includes:
- West Sussex County Council
- district and borough CSPs
- Sussex Police
- Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner
- West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service
- Drug and Alcohol Action Team (DAAT)
- Kent, Surrey & Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company
- NHS Sussex
- voluntary sector representation (currently the Council for Voluntary Service).
Each district and borough CSP undertakes an Annual Strategic Assessment that identifies crime and disorder priorities using partnership data. Consultation with communities is a key part of this process, allowing residents' views to be included as part of the review for their local area.
Once all priorities have been identified, CSPs publish them in their partnership plans, which are available online through district or borough websites.
West Sussex Community Safety Agreement
The West Sussex County Community Safety Agreement is the Partnership Plan for the whole of the county. It pulls together information from the CSPs and other West Sussex agencies to provide a whole picture of crime and anti-social behaviour in the county, and shows how the partnership is working to deal with identified issues.
Sign up to our eNewsletter.