Your frequently asked questions

What our Customer Services advisors are most often asked about.

Where can I find the latest information and guidance about coronavirus?

You can find details about protecting yourself and others on GOV.UK's Coronavirus: how to stay safe and help prevent the spread.

How can I get a COVID-19 test?

Please see our dedicated website section on all the options for arranging a coronavirus (COVID-19) test.

If I need support, will there be help for me?

Yes. If you need help and support please contact our Community Hub (COVID-19) team.

How can I stay up-to-date about the coronavirus in my area?

Find information on our Coronavirus: Keep West Sussex Safe pages.

Where can I find data about where there are COVID-19 cases?

See our COVID-19 case data pages.

How can I help to reduce the spread of coronavirus?

Free COVID-19 testing has now ended as part of the government's plan on 'Living with COVID-19'.

If you experience COVID-19 symptoms you will no longer be told to take a test and should instead isolate at home until the symptoms end.

You can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the community by following the national government guidelines, including:

  • getting vaccinated and receiving booster jabs which offer the best protection - reducing the risk of serious illness and spreading it to others 
  • regular hand washing for at least 20 seconds
  • letting fresh air into enclosed spaces
  • if possible, staying at home if you feel unwell
  • considering wearing a face covering in crowded or enclosed spaces.

See GOV.UK's guidance on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

How can I receive help from an NHS Volunteer Responder?

NHS Volunteer Responders offer help to people in need of support or who are avoiding public places during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you, or someone you know, would like to register for support from the volunteers please call 0808 196 3646. Lines are open 8.00am to 8.00pm, 7 days a week.

Things that the NHS Volunteer Responders can assist with include:

  • collecting and delivering shopping
  • delivering medication from pharmacies
  • driving patients to medical appointments
  • bringing patients home from hospital
  • making regular phone calls to check in with people who are isolating
  • transporting supplies and equipment for the NHS.

Some frequently asked questions about the scheme are available on the NHS Volunteer Responders website.

If you’re already getting support from the NHS Volunteer Responders, see their website for information about receiving support or making changes to the help you receive.

Support is also available via the Royal Voluntary Service (RVS) who provide assistance to people who need it most in local hospitals and communities. More information is available on the RVS website.

Can WSCC supply me or my business with PPE?

West Sussex County Council does not supply personal protective equipment (PPE) for people or businesses that are not providing social care support. You need to source this online or in local stores. Many high street retailers sell face coverings, for example supermarkets or chemists.

If you are a Care Quality Commission (CQC)-registered provider you should first seek alternative routes through other suppliers or GOV.UK's PPE portal.

Last updated:
27 January 2023
Share this