Household Waste Recycling Sites
Household Waste Recycling Sites (HWRSs) remain open and are operating to their normal opening hours. A trial booking system is now in place at selected sites. For more information, please visit our Book To Recycle page.
You are asked to:
- check opening times before you visit
- continue to provide identification of your address
- follow the social distancing measures in place for everyone’s safety.
Be aware that:
- vans and pickup trucks can now enter the sites, but these types of vehicle will still require a permit
- all vehicles over 2.2 metres high must use:
- Burgess Hill
- vehicles have a gross vehicle weight restriction of 3.5 tonnes at all sites
- trailers will be permitted at all sites with the exception of Bognor Regis, Littlehampton and Horsham.
Residents can dispose of all items, with the following exceptions:
- Soil and hardcore will be accepted at all sites with the exception of Bognor Regis and Midhurst.
- Plasterboard can be deposited at Billingshurst, Burgess Hill, Chichester, Horsham, Crawley, Shoreham and Worthing.
- Asbestos can be taken to Burgess Hill, Chichester, Crawley and Worthing.
The mobile service is now back to the normal service with restrictions on construction materials and hazardous waste. They accept:
- general waste
- small Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- card and paper
with the Witterings, alternating weekly with Selsey as per the usual schedule.
For more information visit Household Waste Recycling Sites.
Waste and recycling collections
Please look for information and updates by your local district or borough council, as they operate these and will be able to advise of any disruption or changes.