The Local Tracing Partnership service has been set up to support the national NHS Test and Trace service across East Sussex and West Sussex.
If you have tested positive for coronavirus, the national NHS Test and Trace team will contact you to give advice and obtain details of anyone you’ve been in contact with.
However, if the NHS Test and Trace team have been unable to contact you within 48 hours, your case will be passed to our local team who will try and contact you.
The local service is based at the COVID-19 Community Hub in West Sussex and active from 8.00am to 8.00pm daily, including weekends.
You may also be eligible for financial support through the NHS Test and Trace Support Payment scheme.
How you will be contacted
You will be contacted by text, phone email or letter:
- Text messages will come from COVID TRACE (you cannot reply to these text messages).
- Calls will come from 01243 642153 - inbound calls can also be made to this number.
- Children under 18 may be contacted by phone when necessary and may be asked for their parent or guardian's permission to continue the call.
- Emails will be sent from West Sussex County Council Local COVID Tracing Partnership (you cannot reply to these messages).
Please do not contact us about Test and Trace unless you have been contacted by the Local Tracing Partnership service regarding your coronavirus (COVID-19) test.
If you have any non-urgent queries about COVID-19, there is more information available on our coronavirus advice pages.
Information you will be asked for
You will be asked:
- your name, date of birth and postcode
- whether you live with other people
- for any places you've been recently, such as a workplace or school
- for names and contact details of any people you were in close contact with in the 48 hours before your symptoms started (if you know these details). The details of these contacts will be entered into the national NHS Test and Trace system for the national team to contact these individuals directly.
For details of how your information will be used, please see our Privacy Notice.
Information you will not be asked for
You will not be asked to:
- provide bank details or payments
- provide details of any other accounts, such as social media
- set up a password or PIN number over the phone
- to call a premium rate number, such as those starting 09 or 087.
See the latest information and guidance on potential Coronavirus scams and fraud.
If you are self-isolating in West Sussex and need help to receive food shopping or medication, for more details please visit the Community hub (COVID-19).