During the pandemic, it is important you remain aware of coronavirus-related scams.
Fake emails claiming to be from the Government, shops selling false protective masks and rogue traders offering coronavirus (COVID-19) testing are some of the scams people need to be wary of.
The most common coronavirus-related scams are:
- fraudulent calls and text messages offering the COVID-19 vaccination
- people offering cures or vaccines for coronavirus
- home cleaning services
- people impersonating healthcare workers, claiming to be offer ‘home-testing’ for coronavirus
- emails saying that you can get a refund on taxes and utilities
- fake products available to buy online that say they can protect you or cure coronavirus.
For additional information, see our: