Information about the virus

Community hub (COVID-19)

Find help, information or advice during the pandemic.

Last updated:
5 August 2020
Share this

1 Request support

We are focused on making sure we continue to support the most vulnerable people in our community.

  • Government support - For residents identified as medically vulnerable by the NHS.
  • Support from district and boroughs - For residents who do not meet the criteria for receiving direct Government support, but still need help.
  • Support from the County Council’s Community Hub - The team are coordinating all other support requests across the county and arranging help.
  • Carer's support - A dedicated service that offers general guidance and a provides a listening ear.

Please select the most appropriate support option from the choices below:

If your request is urgent, for example, you are going to run out of food or medicine within the next three days, please phone 033 022 27980 so that we can make sure you get the help you need as quickly as possible.

Option 1 - Government support and advice

If you have a health condition that makes you more vulnerable to coronavirus (COVID-19), visit GOV.UK for information.

Option 2 - Local support

If you do not qualify for Government support but still need to request support for yourself or someone you know, first check below to see if your local district or borough council has a support request form, based on where you live:

If your local council is listed, use its form.

Option 3 - West Sussex County Council support

Use the West Sussex County Council form below to contact us:

Request support via our form (external link)

Option 4 - Carer's support

If you need to talk or find out information about what is happening locally, Carers Support West Sussex can offer you guidance and a listening ear. Their fully trained staff can be contacted via email, phone or online chat, where they will be able to help you.

You do not need to be in a caring role to benefit from this service.

2 Volunteer to help

Could you support people who need help because of the COVID-19 virus?

If so, let either us or your local council know your skills and availability and someone will be in touch to let you know how you can help.

First, check below to see if your local district or borough council is listed.

  • If it is listed, use their referral form to offer your help.
  • If it isn't listed, use the West Sussex County Council (WSCC) form.

Contact your local council

The following local district or borough councils have a form for people who would like to volunteer to help in their area:

Adur & Worthing Councils

Adur and Worthing are currently not accepting any further volunteers, thank you to everyone who has offered their support so far.

You can also find other information under Coronavirus (COVID-19): Volunteering - Adur and Worthing Councils.

Arun and Chichester districts

You can also find other information under Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates - Arun and Chichester Councils.

Crawley Borough Council

You can also find other information under Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates - Crawley Borough Council.

Horsham District Council

You can also find other information under Coronavirus (COVID-19) community support - Horsham.

Contact WSCC 

We are working in partnership with the remaining district or borough councils, so if your local council isn't listed above, complete the following form to volunteer your help:

COVID-19 volunteering offer form (external link)

If you need support or advice please contact us.

3 Privacy Notice

You can find details about how we use and manage your personal data on our Privacy Notice.

Community hub Privacy Notice

4 Contact us

Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.