- Where do you feel you belong?
- Do you have a secret place that makes you feel safe, happy, fulfilled?
- How do you feel when you are at home?
Competition theme - A sense of place
This year the theme is 'A sense of place'. Describe your favourite place - it could be a park, building, beach or street - and capture in words what that place means to you.
The deadline for entries is 31 July 2017. Entries will be judged by Children's Laureate Chris Riddell and poet Rachel Rooney. Further information and all the rules are available on the Betjeman Poetry Prize website.
- 1st prize: £1,000 (£500 to the winner and £500 to the English department of school winner)
- 2 runners-up: £50 each
- 3 highly commended: Entrants receive a book token
The top three poets will also each receive four standard-class Eurostar tickets to Paris, Brussels or Lille.
All finalists are invited on a 3-day poetry camp in Spring 2018. The top 50 poems are printed in the 2017 anthology and each teacher entering a class is entered in a draw to win a poet visit to the school.
To be held on Thursday 28 September 2017 at Upper Concourse, St Pancras International, National Poetry Day.