Have you experienced domestic violence or would like to understand how this has affected you? Do you need support and guidance? If so, this course is for you.
The Domestic Abuse Recovery Programme is for young people aged 13-16. The small, group work, programme is designed for young people who have previously experienced domestic violence within their family.
The course will enable you to:
- understand domestic abuse and violence
- learn about your own and other young people’s experiences and the effects which these have had on you
- build your own mental toughness, self-esteem and confidence.
If you are experiencing domestic violence and need advice or support you can contact:
- Domestic violence 24 hour helpline - 0808 2000247
- Worth Services - 0330 2228181
- Childline - 0800 1111
If you are in immediate danger call the police on 999.
Find information on how to request support.
For questions, queries or advice about our other programmes email YPS.Request@ westsussex.gov.uk
If you know of a young person who is at risk contact the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub.