Are you a young person? Then this site is for you!
Last updated:
24 October 2017

Tell us about the Leaving Care Service

If you have any concerns about the service there are various ways you can let us know.

First step

If you have any issues or concerns about the Leaving Care Service, such as the way you have been treated or the service you have received, your first point of contact should be your personal adviser. If you can't reach them, or would like to talk to someone different in the Leaving Care Service, contact us:

Making a complaint 

If you are still unhappy with the response you have received, you can make a formal complaint using the West Sussex County Council complaints procedure. Your enquiry will always be taken seriously.  If you would like help or support making your complaint you can ask for the help of an advocate.

Get involved with the Children in Care Council

The Children in Care Council are a group of young people either in care or leaving care. They meet regularly to discuss care issues and to help shape the service that is provided. You can get involved by sharing your experiences of the care system. To get involved email


Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know how we're doing. We're constantly trying to improve this website. Your feedback is very important to us. You can simply add a star rating to indicate how useful you found this page. If you have more specific feedback use the form below.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.