If you have decided against going to university there are other options you can consider.
- Find a traineeship, apprenticeship or job.
- Take some time out and go on a gap year.
- School leaver programmes - These schemes are run by companies in all industries. They are a good alternative to uni as most involve studying for qualifications, provide a salary straight away which means you won't have student loans to repay.
- Sponsored degrees - If you know the career you want to pursue, sponsored degrees are an attractive option as they often provide a salary, as well as funding for your degree, work experience and a guaranteed graduate job at the end.
- Distance learning - If you want to study at home, or combine studying with working, then distance learning may be ideal. Find out more from the Open University.