When you are looking for a job there is lots of help available and many different ways to find the job that's right for you.
Your local FindItOut Centre advertises local jobs.
Use the Government website to search for full or part-time jobs. Registering on the website will enable you to upload your CV, save job searches and set up email alerts.
Finding a job online
Using the internet has become the most popular way to look for jobs. You can target your job search to a specific area or the skills that you have.
There are lots of job websites but here are some of the most popular:
- Student Job - Part-time jobs, summer jobs, internships, placements and graduate jobs.
- Jobs In Sussex
- All West Sussex Jobs
Using an agency can make job hunting easier, as they match your skills and experience with vacancies. Many companies use agencies so it is a good way of finding jobs that are not widely advertised. Agencies often specialise in specific sectors such as hospitality or healthcare.
Other ways to find job vacancies
- Search through the job sections of local and national newspapers.
- If you have skills specific to a certain industry, search through their trade publications or websites.
- Friends and family are a great source of information; they may even know of vacancies where they work.
- Create a profile on LinkedIn, the professional networking site.
- Work experience or voluntary work adds to your CV and can also lead to permanent work.