A CV (curriculum vitae) is a brief record of your personal, educational and work history. It will probably be the first contact you have with an employer, so it needs to make a good impression.
What to include in a CV
A CV should include:
- name and contact details
- a brief profile describing your skills and experience
- education and qualifications
- work experience
- interests and activities
How it should be presented
- Keep it brief - it should be no longer than two sides of A4.
- Create it digitally, using standard fonts and sizes that are easy to read.
- Check the spelling and grammar.
When you send your CV to an employer it should be accompanied by a covering letter, saying something about you and why you want the job. It should be brief and anything of special importance in your CV should be highlighted. This is your opportunity to make yourself stand out to a potential employer.