Last updated:
14 November 2017

Support for children over 5 with SEND

Find out how to get support for children over 5 years old with additional needs and/or a disability.

To access help and support, firstly contact your child's:

  • class teacher
  • head teacher
  • school's special educational needs coordinator (SENCo).

Next, contact the West Sussex SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SEND IAS), which advises parents on all aspects of special educational needs and getting support for children in school.

They can provide information on:

  • the special educational needs process
  • support during the school application process
  • Educational Health Care Plans and assessment process
  • annual reviews
  • appeals and tribunals.

There is further information on SEND IAS and the information resources they produce on the Local Offer website.


Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know how we're doing. We're constantly trying to improve this website. Your feedback is very important to us. You can simply add a star rating to indicate how useful you found this page. If you have more specific feedback use the form below.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.