Each school has a set of rules, often called an over-subscription policy or admissions criteria. If a school is over-subscribed it will use these rules when allocating places.
West Sussex community and controlled schools
The West Sussex oversubscription policy is the criteria that apply to the majority of community and voluntary controlled schools in the county.
There are some community and controlled schools where the criteria are different, which are given in the document.
- Brook Infant School and Maidenbower Infant School
- Castlewood Primary School, Horsham
- Rose Green Infant School, Bognor Regis
- Shoreham Beach Primary School
- Horsham Community Designated Area: Tanbridge House School (co-educational), The Forest School (boys) and Millais School (girls).
- Davison CE (controlled) High School for Girls, Worthing
- Steyning Grammar School
If you wish to apply to Davison CE (Controlled) High School for Girls, Worthing on denominational grounds please complete the form below. The return address is at the bottom of the form.
Academies, church-aided, foundation and free schools
Academies, church-aided, foundation and free schools are their own admissions authority, so have their own policy.
Admission arrangements, which include over-subscription policies and, where applicable, a supplementary information form and priest or church form, are available on the school's website.
You must complete an online application naming the school, as well as the school’s own forms if necessary, or your application cannot be considered.
Allocation details for 2020/21 are available in the relevant information for parents booklets for the 2021/22 application round on the pages linked below.