We are very proud of our foster carers, and their commitment and dedication to our children is enhanced by a robust support and training package.
- regular local training opportunities
- local support groups
- specialist social work support, such as with supporting parent and child, children with disabilities and unaccompanied, asylum-seeking children
- support for birth children through organised activities.
By providing comprehensive support we know you will feel more able to provide the very best care to West Sussex children.
As a West Sussex foster carer, you will have a dedicated supervising social worker and be part of the professional team around the child. You'll work closely with children’s social workers, other professionals and birth families to gain the best outcomes for the child.
Our social workers are usually based within the same office. This means that the child’s social worker and your supervising social worker will be able to communicate quickly and effectively.
We have a comprehensive training and support package in place to help you. Our foster carers benefit from:
- support and supervision from highly skilled, experienced social workers, with regular one-to-one supervision
- an exciting training package tailored to your needs, including access to training on the groundbreaking Secure Base Model
- a competitive financial package and access to local leisure discounts
- out-of-hours support, so you are never left alone to cope with difficult situations
- free membership of The Fostering Network
- membership of our foster carers’ association (United Foster Carers Association) which provides an impartial helpline and organises days out for local foster carers and their families
- support groups which run regularly across the county
- specialist links to therapeutic intervention services
- a counselling service which is there if you need it.
If you are already fostering, we can help you to transfer to us.