Our children matter to us, and finding local foster carers is really important.
In West Sussex, we endeavour to find foster carers that live in the communities our children live in so they can continue to attend school and maintain links with their families.
Therefore, if you foster with us, you will be the first choice of foster carer for our children.
Our foster carers benefit from
- Being part of a fostering service which works to the ground-breaking secure base model.
- Support from highly skilled and experienced social workers, with regular one-to-one supervision.
- An exciting new training package tailored to your needs – including access to secure base training.
- A competitive financial package and access to local leisure discounts.
- Out of hours support - so you are never left alone to cope with difficult situations.
- Membership of The Fostering Network.
- Membership of our foster carers’ association – which provides help and days out for local foster carers and their families.
- Support groups which run regularly across the county.
- Specialist links to therapeutic intervention services.
- A counselling service which is there if you need it.