West Sussex Connections is West Sussex County Council's flagship publication, keeping both residents and businesses up to date with the latest news about our services.
It is published twice a year and includes articles with information on the 80% of County Council services provided by the authority and its partners. The cost is partially offset by advertising, but costs around 10p per household.
The newspaper is delivered by Royal Mail to almost all of approximately 385,000 households in the county. Please be aware though that if you register for the Royal Mail 'opt out' service to stop the delivery of unaddressed (junk) mail to your home, you will no longer receive your copy.
You can find more information about opting out of junk mail delivery on the Royal Mail website.
June - October 2019 edition includes
- Ash dieback - A huge project is underway to fell thousands of diseased ash trees - here's what to do if you have one in your garden. Page 3
- Make your Climate Pledge to limit the impact we have on our environment. Front page.
- West Sussex Connections - take part in our survey and tell us how you want to receive information from West Sussex County Council and its partners. Page 6.
- Could you be a 'lollipop person'? We are recruiting now. Page 5.
- This year's Summer Reading Challenge in our libraries is out of this world. Page 9.
- Did you know you can now train to be a teacher via an apprenticeship scheme? Page 11.
- Raising awareness of clean air. Page 14.
- Trading Standards - read about their latest prosecutions. Page 16.
- Save money on your fuel bills with Your Energy Sussex. Page 21.
- Do you know where these mystery vintage photos were taken? Page 22.
- What's on in West Sussex? Page 23.
Advertise in West Sussex Connections
Interested in keeping West Sussex residents and businesses up to date? if so, why not consider advertising in our quality newspaper.