We’re hosting a free Slipper Swap throughout March 2019.
Residents who feel they are at risk of falling are being invited to trade in their old slippers for a brand new pair, free of charge.
Ill-fitting slippers, or those which are beyond their best, pose a real risk of causing a nasty fall.
Anyone who feels they may be at risk of falling is invited to come along to their local event where they will be able to find out more information on how to keep themselves safe.
Confirmed dates are at the following libraries:
- Goring Library: Friday 1 March 2019 - 10.00am – 2.00pm
- Bognor Library: Wednesday 13 March 2019 – 10.00am – 2.00pm
- Durrington Library: Friday 15 March 2019 – 10.00am – 2.00pm
- Chichester Library: Thursday 28 March 2019 – 10.00am – 2.00pm
- Crawley Library: Friday 29 March 2019 – 10.00am – 2.00pm
These events have been organised to coincide with activities that are being held in West Sussex libraries throughout March, in support of Wellbeing Month.
There has already been a lot of interest in this new initiative and we are actively looking at more ways to reach other communities. Currently, these are the only events that we are running. However, any further announcements will be made via this page.
For more information on falls prevention please visit our wellbeing website.