Advice for older people
In 2018/19 we attended almost 150 house fires involving older people.
Residents aged 65 and over are being invited for ‘Tea and Tips’ at a number of West Sussex fire stations to make them more aware of everyday risks.
Dates and local stations taking part are:
- Bognor Fire Station – DATE
- Chichester Fire Station – Saturday 28 September 3pm to 5pm
- Littlehampton Fire Station – Saturday 21 September TIME to TIME
- Worthing Fire Station – DATE
- Shoreham Fire Station – DATE
- Horsham Fire Station – DATE
- Crawley Fire Station – DATE
- Burgess Hill Fire Station – DATE
- East Grinstead Fire Station – DATE
- Haywards Heath Fire Station – DATE
Visit our directory to find the address of your local fire station.
Could you be eligible for a free Safe and Well Visits? We carry out hundreds of them every year, they offer advice on how to make the home safer and, if appropriate, fit smoke alarms and other specialist fire detection equipment free of charge.