Advice for older people
Tea and Tips are being served up at some of West Sussex’s fire stations this summer in a bid to help reduce house fires.
Firefighters are inviting residents aged 65 years and older to join them for the Tea and Tips sessions.
In 2018/19 WSFRS attended almost 150 house fires involving people over 65 years old.
Dates and local stations taking part are:
- Haywards Heath Fire Station will be at Kleinwort Centre from 10am-12pm on Thursday 12 September
- Littlehampton Fire Station are hosting at the station from 10am-2pm on Thursday 12 September
- East Preston Fire Station will be at East Preston Village Green from 10.30am-1.30pm on Friday 20 September
- Chichester Fire Station are hosting at the station from 3-5pm on Saturday 28 September
- Selsey Fire Station are hosting at the station from 10am-12pm on Monday 30 September
- Chichester Fire Station will be at Chichester Library from 10am-2pm on Monday 14 October for Dementia Awareness Day in association with WSCC Library Service and Alzheimer’s Society.