Protect your home
- Order winter fuel in advance.
- Check pipes are lagged to prevent them bursting and know where to turn your water off.
- Prepare an emergency bag in case you or your family have to move elsewhere at short notice due to the weather.
- Check if you are at risk from flooding and sign up for free flood warnings.
- Make sure you have a working smoke alarm on each level of your home.
Protect your health
- Fight the flu this winter – get a flu jab and be a flu fighter.
- Check NHS Choices for health guidance.
- Wash your hands to prevent viruses spreading.
- Check you have had your heating and cooking appliances serviced by an approved trader as carbon monoxide is a killer.
- Have sufficient supplies, including food or find out about getting Meals on Wheels.
- Make sure you keep warm and well.
- Find information and advice about care and support for adults on the West Sussex Connect to Support website.
- Find out if seeing the Prevention Assessment Team could benefit your health and wellbeing.
- Ensure you have shoes with a good grip.
- Follow GOV.UK's advice about driving in adverse weather conditions.
- Keep up to date with the latest travel information around the county or around the UK.
- Sign up for free train delay and disruption alerts.
Help your community