At West Sussex County Council, we have a long-term commitment to provide exceptional in-house residential care to children. We have carried out a comprehensive review of our service and are looking for new staff to join our teams.
Our purpose is to ensure that all our children achieve their full potential by putting the child first in everything we do. To help us achieve this, we have established a strategy and a clear set of principles:
- Focus on children’s strengths and potential.
- Put children at the heart of decision-making.
- Work with parents and carers to develop the best service for their child.
- Support educational needs.
- Ensure that children are prepared for independence.
- Share best practice.
- An evidence-based practice model.
- Explore new technologies.
- A highly multi-skilled and specialised staff team.
- Partnership building to deliver better outcomes for children.
- Evidence successes and the value of the service.
- Deliver support in the right place and at the right time.
The views of children and their families will be at the heart of what our residential service delivers. Through implementing the strategy, the service will better enable children in our care to thrive in a positive and supportive environment and to feel empowered to influence decisions on their care.
What children have to say about the difference the residential service makes to them will continue to be heard and will inform the future development of the service.
To make all this possible, we are looking for individuals with a passion for making a real and positive difference to the lives of those children in our care to join our residential teams.