The Spark Project enables social enterprises to develop and deliver more sustainable and high impact innovations leading to increased growth.
What we've done so far
- Undertaken comprehensive research amongst social enterprises and stakeholders to identify barriers to growth through innovation.
- Published a Strategy and Action Plan.
- Started involving key stakeholders in Action Plan activity.
- Launched an innovation model for social enterprises to help make the most of new ideas.
- Held visits, workshops and training sessions with social enterprises from the UK, Belgium and Netherlands over two weeks (12-16 June 2017 in the UK and 2-6 October 2017 in Belgium).
- Recruited 25 social enterprises in the UK to take part in the Accelerator programme that we are currently delivering, which includes: one to one sessions, peer to peer learning, specialist training and crowdsourcing problem solving opportunities.
- Launched an E-Learning Hub (only accessible to Accelerator participants at the moment).
What we'll do next
- Have the third and final week of visits, workshops and training sessions in the Netherlands, with social enterprises from the UK, Belgium and the Netherlands.
- Continue growing the Social Enterprise Innovation Accelerator network.
- Evaluate the impact of the Accelerator in the social enterprises that participated.
- Continue engaging stakeholders in the Strategy and Action Plan.
- Deliver activity in the Action Plan.
- Develop tools to support Start Up social enterprises.
The Spark Social Enterprise Project has received funding from the Interreg 2 Seas Programme 2014/20. This has been co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund under subsidy contract No 2S01-043.