A social enterprise is a business model where profit is reinvested to fulfil social objectives or to grow the business, rather than to maximise profit for shareholders or owners.
If you are running a social enterprise, would like to set one up, or would just like to know more about social enterprise, visit the West Sussex Social Enterprise Network website. You can find out the support that is available, the latest news and useful contacts.
The Social Enterprise Fund
The Spark Project
The Spark Project enables social enterprises to develop and deliver more sustainable and high impact innovations leading to increased growth. We are refining the framework conditions that influence their development and creating more effective models and tools for social enterprise support.
To achieve this, we will:
- create a cross-border strategy and action plan to improve the capacity of Social Enterprises to deliver sustainable and high impact innovation
- develop a Social Enterprise Innovation Accelerator Network and support programme with opportunities for organisations to take part in specialist events, training and support including social enterprise exchanges to Belgium and Holland
- generate a framework methodology for Social Enterprise sustainable innovation
- build an online training tool linked to the framework for Social Enterprise Start Ups.
The Platform are lead partner working with:
- University of Brighton
- West Sussex County Council
- Social Innovation Factory
- De Punt
- Region Nord Pas de Calais.
This project has received funding from the Interreg 2 Seas programme 2014-2020 co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund under subsidy contract No 2S01-043.