Access links to networks, organisations and services, both at local and national level, offering support at different stages of your business life - from pre-start-up support to business expansion.
Local chambers of commerce
Chambers of commerce exist to make a difference to your business. That could be by ensuring your views are heard within government, opening new business opportunities in local, national and international markets or providing critical business advice, services and skills development.
There are a number of chambers that you may wish to contact that are more local to you, but below are some of the larger chambers in West Sussex you may find useful.
- Chichester Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Crawley and Gatwick Chamber of Commerce
- Sussex Chamber of Commerce
- Worthing and Adur Chamber of Commerce
Local business support organisations and networks
- Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership - Sources of information for businesses and skills development.
- Business navigator growth hub - Portal of business support and events.
- Gatwick Diamond Business Association - Run by members for members, GDBA provides a united voice to influence local and central government issues.
- West Sussex Sustainable Business Partnership - Runs sustainability training and networking events for businesses and social enterprises, helping to improve their environmental performance and achieve savings through energy, waste and water efficiency.
National networks and support organisations
- GOV.UK – Provides guidance on regulations and access to government services, as well as information on a number of business topics and a business finance and support finder.
- Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) – Surrey and Sussex - UK's largest campaigning pressure group promoting and protecting the interests of the self-employed and owners of small firms.
Links to government departments and offices
- Companies House
- Department of Business, Innovation & Skills
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Health and Safety Executive
- UK Trade & Investment
Funding and financial support
- West Sussex 4 Business - Search engine to find funding sources for businesses in the county.
- Finance South East - Fund Management organisation delivering a range of debt and equity growth finance solutions and support.
- LEADER - Source of funding for farmers, foresters, rural businesses and community organisations.
- Coast to Capital Growing Places Fund - For both public and private sector with projects that have been stalled due to lack of investment that will create or unlock job opportunities.
- University of Brighton - Practical, applied solutions to meet the needs of business, from developing a new product to making improvements to existing processes.
- University of Chichester - A range of services, from consultancy and research information, to commitment to the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP), as well as new services in business planning and new business incubation.
- University of Sussex - Works closely with the business community, government and voluntary organisations, using its strengths to develop novel approaches and solutions, creating opportunities for knowledge exchange and sharing the benefits of engagement with its external partners.