Our courses are aimed at all settings caring for children under five years of age including:
- maintained nursery schools
- before and after school clubs and holiday playschemes
- schools delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Due to the unpredictability of COVID-19 and a lack of available venues, all Early Years training courses (EYT course code) and Network Events are currently available as interactive online webinars only (with the exception of Paediatric First Aid which will remain face to face).
Please note that some webinars have a compulsory pre-course element such as reading or a quiz, which must be completed before the webinar in order to gain a certificate of completion. The time that the pre-course element takes has been designed not to exceed the original face to face course time.
If you are booking a place on a webinar for a colleague, please ensure that you inform them of any pre-course work requirement.
We hope to resume face to face sessions for some courses and Network Events from January 2021.
Refer to the documents below for details of our 2020/21 training programme:
- Early Years training brochure (PDF, 1.6MB) - Full overview of our face to face courses and webinars, including dates, times and venues, as well as information on how to book and cancel places.
- Early Years course calendar (Excel, 30KB) - A list of our face to face courses and webinars in Excel format that you can filter by date and location.
- Network events (PDF, 563KB) - We offer free network events throughout the year. These events are available to any setting; nurseries, preschools, schools and childminders working within West Sussex.
2 Online training courses
We have a variety of online courses available at a subsidised price of £10.00 per login. You can purchase an unlimited number of logins.
Follow these steps to access our online courses: