Our courses are aimed at all settings caring for children under five years of age including:
- maintained nursery schools
- before and after school clubs and holiday playschemes
- schools delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
We offer a flexible way to access high quality training including;
- a training subscription scheme with access to a range of discounted courses
- ‘Pay as you go’ for individual courses
- whole setting training.
From April 2019 all of our courses require you to have a Learning and Development Gateway account before you can book them.
We aim to provide courses in each of these hub areas:
- Adur and Worthing
- Mid Sussex.
Refer to the documents below for details of our 2019/20 training programme:
- Training calendar (Excel, 32KB) - Date and geographical area of each course only. Useful to help you plan your setting’s training.
- Course brochure (PDF, 50KB) - Full overview of our courses, dates, times and venues and information on how to book and cancel places.
- Network meetings (PDF, 377KB) - Free meetings and events for nurseries, preschools, schools and childminders working within West Sussex. You do not require a training subscription to attend.
2 Training subscription rates
To access our courses, you can join the Training Subscription scheme and pay a rate based on three bands with varying tokens.
You can choose which band you wish to purchase based on how much training you think you will need and the tokens may be used for both face to face and online training courses.
You can also join up with other settings to purchase a band together.
Rates applicable until 1 April 2020.
|Subscription type||Rate||Number of tokens|
|Online only course bundle (5 logins)||£25||N/A|
|Online only course single (1 login)||£10||N/A|
If you use all your tokens, you can buy another band at any time throughout the year. If you exceed your allocated number of tokens without buying another subscription, you will be charged the 'pay as you go' rate for additional courses attended.
If preferred, you can simply pay as you go for both face to face and online courses
To discuss whole-setting training, please contact us.
Subscriptions are valid from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020.
3 Pay for your subscription
You can pay for your Training Subscription in the following ways:
- Credit or Debit Card using our secure payment system.
Select ‘Miscellaneous’ then 'Early Years and Childcare Training’ when paying.
You will be asked to quote your Ofsted URN.
- BACS - contact us for an application form.
We will confirm receipt of payment and send your unique training subscription number to your setting’s main contact within 10 working days. If you have not heard from us by then, contact us.
4 Pay as you go training
If you decide not to take out a training subscription, or have used all of your allocated training places within your subscription, you can choose to access our courses via ‘pay as you go’.
To access pay as you go training with us:
- refer to the course brochure to select the course
- click the link in the brochure to go to the relevant course on the Learning and Development Gateway
- pay for the course using the drop-down boxes provided.
If you experience any difficulty when paying for a course, contact Learning and Development for help.
5 Online training courses
We have a variety of online courses available at a subsidised price of £10.00 per login. You can purchase an unlimited number of logins.
Follow these steps to access our online courses:
- refer to the course brochure to select an online course that we are offering
- make a payment, choosing the £10.00 rate*
- email us telling us the course title, your name and your setting name.
*If you wish to purchase more than two online courses you can save money by choosing the online 'bundle’ rate.