Free entitlement estimate and actuals (including EYPP and DAF)

How and when to provide estimate and actuals information.

There are two free entitlement claims per term:

  • Estimate (optional) - is done before the start of term.
  • Actuals (mandatory) - are done at headcount time.

If you provide an estimate you will receive an estimated payment just after the start of a term, comprising 70% of the expected termly total claim. The remaining 30% is paid after half term, adjusted based on your actuals claim.

If you do not provide an estimate, you will receive one payment, based on your actuals claim, after half term.

You can add or amend data any time up until the submission deadline date, at which point the portal closes and no further changes can be made.

Find out more about scheme administration and how to claim in the following document:

Check the submission date on When to use the portal.

You can add or amend data any time up until the submission deadline date.

Help guides - estimate

Video

Note: This video uses YouTube's automated captions, which we have checked and edited for accuracy.

By playing this video YouTube may set cookies.

Supporting document

Help guides - actuals

Video

Note: This video uses YouTube's automated captions, which we have checked and edited for accuracy.

By playing this video YouTube may set cookies.

Supporting document

Additional information

  • New Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) claims are entered at the same time as actuals claims.
  • Disability Access Fund (DAF) claims are entered at the same time as actuals, and this is payable as a lump sum once a year per child. If an eligible child is splitting funding across two or more providers, the parent will need to nominate the main setting where the County Council will pay the DAF for the child. This is done via the Parent Declaration form.

Once you've submitted your updates, it may take up to 10 days to appear on your summary screen, where you will be able to see details of how much free entitlement funding has been paid and when.

Also note the following:

  • 2-year-old children who start after headcount can be funded. 3- and 4- year-olds may be funded in exceptional circumstances only. To claim after the headcount, please refer to the post headcount/exceptional payment form
  • All children carried forward from the previous term will have ZERO hours. You must enter the number of hours you wish to claim. This is intentional so that providers do not accidentally over-claim.
  • Free entitlement providers must sign a provider declaration portal form when a new one is released, to continue to be registered to offer free entitlement to funded children. Providers without funded children may continue registration if they wish, so that they are ready to take funded children without having to re-register for the scheme.
 
Last updated:
18 August 2022
Share this
Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.