Our courses are aimed at all settings caring for children under five years of age including:
- Children and Family Centres
- maintained nursery schools
- before and after school clubs and holiday playschemes
- schools delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
We offer a flexible way to access high quality training including;
- a training subscription scheme with access to a range of free and discounted courses
- ‘Pay as you go’ for individual courses
- whole setting training.
From April 2018 some of our courses may require you to request a new user account for the Learning and Development Gateway before you can book them.
We aim to provide courses in each of these hub areas:
- Adur and Worthing
- Mid Sussex.
Refer to the documents below for details of our 2018/19 training programme:
- Training calendar (PDF, 46KB) - Date and geographical area of each course only. Useful to help you plan your setting’s training.
- Course brochure (PDF, 50KB) - Full overview of our courses, dates, times and venues and information on how to book and cancel places.
- Early Years Learning and Development Network (PDF, 89KB) - Overview of dates, times and venues of network meetings and information on how to book. A training subscription is not required to access.
2 Training subscription rates
To access our courses, you can join the Training Subscription scheme and pay a rate based on the total number of staff working in your setting/s. You will access a set number of training places that you can use flexibly for staff.
By paying for your training with a subscription you will be accessing our courses for approximately £10.00 per place.
Rates payable for 2018/19 are:
|Number of staff in setting||Rate||Maximum number of
|1 to 5||£161||15|
|6 to 10||£375||35|
|11 to 15||£588||55|
|16 to 20||£855||80|
|Out of school clubs||£202||20|
If you use up the allocated number of training places for your subscription, you can buy additional places using the rates above, or pay for individual courses as you go.
If you exceed your allocated number of training places without buying another subscription, you will be charged the ‘pay as you go’ rate for additional courses attended.
If you would like to discuss the band and rate for your setting(s) please contact us.
All staff needing to access training must be registered on the Online Provider Portal (OPP), and keep their details up to date.
If you provide childcare over multiple settings, you only need to purchase the number of places you think you will need for your organisation. You do not need to purchase a subscription for each setting.
Subscriptions are valid from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019 and we will invite you to apply for another subscription on expiry.
3 Pay for your subscription
You can pay for your Training Subscription in the following ways:
- Credit or Debit Card using our secure payment system.
Select ‘Miscellaneous’ then 'Early Years and Childcare Training’ when paying.
You will be asked to quote your Ofsted URN.
- BACS or cheque – contact us for an application form.
We will confirm receipt of payment and send your unique training subscription number to your setting’s main contact within 10 working days. If you have not heard from us by then, contact us.
You will be asked to quote your training subscription number when booking training.
Some courses will be available via the Learning and Development Gateway. You will be able to pay for these courses by using the drop-down boxes provided on their website.
If you experience any difficulties, contact them directly.
4 Pay as you go training
If you decide not to take out a training subscription, or have used all of your allocated training places within your subscription, you can choose to access our courses via ‘pay as you go’ for only £50.00 per place.
To access pay as you go training with us:
- refer to the course brochure to select the course
- email us telling us the course title, your name and your establishment name.
We will reply to advise whether a place is available and invite you to pay.
5 Online training courses
Our online training courses are exclusively available to Training subscription scheme members only.
We have a variety of online courses available at a subsidised price of £5.00 per login. You can purchase an unlimited number of logins.
Follow these steps to access our online courses: