The Oak Room
The Oak Room
About ceremonies in The Oak Room at County Hall.
We are now taking bookings for ceremonies taking place between 29 July 2024 and 15 November 2024. The Oak Room, in County Hall, is the alternative option during this period only whilst Edes House is closed for restoration.
About the room
A beautiful, fully oak-panelled room located in central Chichester on the ground floor in County Hall, West Street. The room is perfect for an intimate ceremony.
(Room capacity is the maximum number of guests in the room attending your ceremony, which includes adults, babies and children.)
This room is only available to book between 29 July 2024 and 15 November 2024 - Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, subject to availability.
- There is one reserved parking space.
- Guests can park in nearby public car parks.
- Pay and display parking is available onsite on Saturdays only, subject to availability.
- Confetti is not permitted at this venue.
- You can video your ceremony and photographs can be taken inside and outside the venue.
- The lawn in front of County Hall is exclusive to Edes House weddings, so photographs may not be taken there.
- Thursday - £317
- Friday - £379
- Saturday - £443
- Registrar attendance
- Standard venue hire.
Fees are payable:
- in full at the time of booking
- by credit or debit card when booking.
You will need to arrange an appointment at the West Sussex Register Office in Crawley if you want to pay by cash or cheque. To do this, contact the Ceremonies team.
If you have to cancel your ceremony, your fee will be refunded, minus a £100 administration fee.
You can postpone a ceremony without charge.
Book this venue
If you would like to book this venue or make an enquiry, complete our online form.
Find this venue
See our How to find us page.