1 Types of celebratory ceremony we offer
Celebratory ceremonies have no legal element but provide a fabulous way to celebrate special moments in your life. If you are celebrating an important anniversary, want to celebrate your partnership or have recently welcomed a new addition to the family, these are the ceremonies that we can offer.
Naming and welcoming ceremonies
Naming and welcoming ceremonies are a wonderful way to bring families together to:
- welcome a child after a birth or adoption
- unite two families from previous marriages
- let couples make a public commitment to their children.
They are non-religious ceremonies, with no legal status, that offer an alternative way of celebrating these special occasions.
Commitment and renewal of vows ceremonies
Further information can be found on the commitment and renewal of vows ceremony page.
2 Where to hold the ceremony
The ceremony can take place at either:
- our ceremony rooms (with the exception of the West Sussex Register Office)
- an approved venue licensed for civil ceremonies
- a venue of your choice, such as a village hall, private home or somewhere that has a special significance for you (subject to suitability and health and safety checks undertaken by a registrar).