1 Ceremonies we offer to celebrate your relationship
These celebratory ceremonies have no legal element but provide a fabulous way to celebrate your relationship.
Commitment ceremonies give couples the chance to celebrate their union with family and friends.
They are an option if:
- you wish to celebrate your partnership with friends and family without the legally binding aspect of a marriage or civil partnership
- you were married abroad and would like to celebrate the marriage with friends and family who were not able to attend the original ceremony
- you had a very small wedding ceremony and would like to celebrate with more people.
Renewal of vows
The renewal of vows ceremony has no legal status, but offers a way for couples who are married or in a civil partnership to celebrate a very special occasion with friends and family. You can renew your vows at any time, for whatever reason.
2 Where to hold the ceremony and ceremony choices
The ceremony can take place at either:
- our ceremony rooms (with the exception of the West Sussex Register Office)
- an approved venue licensed for civil ceremonies
- a venue of your choice, such as a village hall, private home or somewhere that has a special significance for you (subject to suitability and health and safety checks undertaken by a registrar).
Tell us of your choice of declarations, promises and ring vows, music, readings and more by completing the relevant choices form to make your ceremony special to you.