|Location||Southway Junior School, Burgess Hill|
|Address||Southway Junior School, Southway, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 9SU|
|Telephone No||01444 233824|
37 hours per week
Salary: £20,344 - £21,589
Hours: 37 hours / all year (07:15 – 14:45)
Holiday: 23 days p.a. (April – March)
Start: Immediate start / Permanent
We are a larger than average junior school in Burgess Hill with an extensive site and an outdoor swimming pool. We are keen to enhance the school site to give our pupils the best environment to support their learning. We are looking for an outstanding Premises Officer to be responsible for and take care of our school so that we can continue to take a pride in our environment. We would consider a job share for this role.
We are looking for someone who:
• is hard working, self-motivated and pro-active
• can use their own initiative and be versatile, flexible and solve problems
• has a good work ethic and time management skills
• is able to build positive relationships with all; staff, pupils and parents
• is robust and can deal with high expectations and demands being placed on them
• possesses skills in building maintenance, D.I.Y, caretaking and gardening skills
• is passionate about maintaining and developing the premises of our school so we can be proud of it
We can offer:
• Training in all areas relating to caretaking services - some examples include health and safety, risk management, ladder training, ROSPA, COSHH, specific swimming pool training.
• A supportive and friendly team
The role will include:
• A desire to do a good job and improve the environment so that it is fit for purpose and safe
• Ensuring that the whole school environment is maintained to a good standard to include Health and Safety legislation
• Maintaining appropriate paperwork in relation to the role
• Reporting all issues to do with the site to the Leadership Team and governing body
• Responsibility for the security of the building, property, lettings and be on called as required
This role will require work both inside and outside. It is a physical job so will require a good level of fitness. The job involves manual handling and working at heights. We will require the post holder to be flexible with the hours on occasions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory reference checks, pre-employment health check and Disclosure and Barring Service clearance. This post is subject to a 6 month probationary period.
Visits to the school by appointment are welcome. Telephone 01444 233824. If you would like to apply for this role or have any questions please email email@example.com.
Closing date: 5th November 2019
Interview date: 8th November 2019
|Posted Date:||18 October 2019|
|Closing Date:||5 November 2019|
|Interview Date:||8 November 2019|