West Sussex County Council and the South Downs National Park Authority formally adopted the West Sussex Joint Minerals Local Plan on 20 July 2018. This follows public examination hearings during September 2017.
During the examination hearings, discussions revealed that a number of modifications to the Plan were likely to be necessary before the Inspector, Jonathan Manning BSc (Hons) MA MRTPI, could confirm his findings.
The modifications were subject to a period of representations between January and March 2018 to allow their legal compliance and soundness to be scrutinised.
On 30 May 2018, following consideration of all representations and evidence before him, the Inspector issued his final report. It confirms the Plan is sound and legally compliant subject to a number of main modifications, as set out in a separate schedule.
- Joint Minerals Local Plan (PDF, 13.8MB)
- Joint Minerals Local Plan Adoption Statement (PDF, 77KB)
- Sustainability Appraisal and Strategic Environmental Assessment Adoption Statement (PDF, 62KB)
- Sustainability Appraisal (PDF, 5.5MB)
- Sustainability Appraisal – non technical summary (PDF, 523KB)
- Sustainability Appraisal of Main Modifications (including non-technical summary) (PDF, 486KB)
The Plan is now subject to a six-week period of legal challenge, which ends 31 August 2018. For more information about this, see the Joint Minerals Local Plan Adoption Statement above.
The Inspector’s report and all other relevant documents are available in the examination document library below.
Examination document library
The examination document library lists all documents related to the preparation and examination of the Joint Minerals Local Plan.