Employers' Procedure Manual
The Employer Procedure Manual provides scheme employers with a toolkit. It includes procedural notes, forms and useful links all in one place. It should help you to understand key processes and your responsibilities under the West Sussex Pension Fund (WSPF).
Hartlink Exchange (HEX)
Below are four 'employer schedule' templates which will allow you to populate and load data through the secure online portal.
- New starters (Excel, 11KB)
- Notice of cessation of a pensionable employment (Excel, 77KB)
- Notification of changes (Excel, 11KB)
- Request for pension estimate (Excel, 61KB)
To use HEX:
- complete one of the templates above
- log in to HEX (using the account details provided in advance)
- upload the template.
You need to resolve any errors before a template will be accepted - there are validations built into each template.
Once you have resolved any errors, HEX will validate the template and create the relevant case type for the attention of the Pensions Team.
This guide explains:
- how to join WSPF and how we assess your contribution rates
- what bonds/indemnities or guarantees we might require from you
- in what circumstances we might look to terminate your admission agreement, and what happens to any liabilities that may result from this
- how we administer the fund and use pension discretions as the administering authority
- decisions you need to take as an employer and inform us of to enable us to administer the scheme on your behalf
- the costs that fall to you and how you pay for them if an employee accesses their pension early because of ill health and/or for other early retirement.
Please read it together the other fund policy documents.
- Important FAQs about your pension benefits (PDF, 88KB)
- Capita requirements for external payroll providers (PDF, 61KB)
- LGPS pension application form (PDF, 154KB)
- LGPS contact details form (PDF, 46KB)
- Signature of authority form (PDF, 49KB)
- LGPS employers technical clarifications (PDF, 50KB)