Being a member of the Retained Firefighters' Modified Pension Scheme 2006 (RFMPS 2006) offers you:
- a low-cost and tax-efficient way to save for your retirement
- contributions from your employer
- the option to pay additional contributions towards your pension
- a secure inflation-proofed pension when you retire, with the potential for a tax-free lump sum
- life cover that pays a lump sum should you die while an active member and income protection for your dependants
- the option to retire earlier than your normal pension if:
- you have to retire on the grounds of permanent disablement
- you choose to take early retirement.
You can keep track of your pension and find out how much you might get when you retire by viewing your personal account online.