Being a member of the Firefighters’ Pension Scheme 1992 (FPS 1992) offers you:
- a low-cost and tax-efficient way to save for your retirement
- contributions from your employer
- the option to pay additional contributions to increase your pension
- a secure inflation-proofed pension when you retire, with the potential for a tax-free lump sum
- life cover that pays a lump sum should you die while an active member
- survivor benefits for your spouse, civil partner and eligible children
- the option to retire earlier than your normal pension age if:
- you have to retire on the grounds of permanent disablement
- you choose to take early retirement or partial retirement.
You can also keep track of your pension and find out how much you might get when you retire by viewing your personal account online.